Alexandra Siegrist (She/Her)
Alexandra's experience as a United States Air Force veteran gave her a strong desire to advocate for women veterans, and led to her interest in pelvic floor and women's health. She believes a holistic approach is important to restoring pelvic health and incorporates the principles of strength and conditioning, along with manual therapy, to enhance health and movement for all of her patients.
During her Doctoral studies at Hunter College, Alexandra received training in Women’s Health and Pelvic Floor Therapy through the American Academy of Physical Therapy. She was also selected to intern at Beyond Basics during her final year of graduate school, and returned to continue her training post-graduation.
Alexandra remains involved with veteran mentorship programs here in New York City and hopes to help increase awareness of pelvic health for veterans. In her free time, she enjoys training with Pilates, yoga, kettlebell and weightlifting. She can be found exploring the city with her partner and their two dogs.
Degrees and Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts in Chinese, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Hunter College
- APTA Women’s Health Section
- Manual Therapy, Institute of Physical Art
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), New York Chapter
Hobbies and Interests
- Reading, hiking, kettlebells, and restaurant discovery