Dr. Ekta Lund (She/Her)
A firm believer in holistic approach, Ekta comes from a strong orthopaedic manual therapy background with clinical experience in outpatient settings working with clients of all age groups from paediatrics, to adults and geriatrics!
After graduating from University of Pittsburgh’s (Yes, she loves the Steelers!) elite physical therapy program, Ekta got interested in the IPA (Institute of Physical Arts) model and became a certified manual therapist (CFMT). She is one of few certified IPA therapists and regularly utilizes this treatment approach in all aspects of her care.
Ekta gained interest in pelvic floor physical therapy through her experiences with patients; and saw the link between pelvic health and musculoskeletal diagnoses. She utilizes this approach to broaden her treatments to aid a wide variety of patients.
Ekta continues to explore manual therapy through visceral mobilization techniques and uses yogic breathing sciences to help patients.
Ekta loves cooking , hiking and is an avid runner. She has also participated in a few half marathons and her last hike was a fourteener at Mt Elbert in Colorado.
Degrees, Certifications, and Fellowships
- Bachelor’s in Physical Therapy, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Mumbai, India
- Master’s in Physical Therapy, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Certified Functional Manual Therapist, Institute of Physical Art (IPA)
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner
- Postural Restoration Institute
- Barral Institute (Visceral and Neural Mobilization)
- Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute
Hobbies and Interests
- Running, hiking, cooking