Dr. Iris Platt (She/Her)
Iris believes in clinical practice grounded in interdisciplinary, individualized, and evidence-informed care that places patient safety and comfort first. Prior to acquiring her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Columbia University, she earned her Masters, where she investigated the neuroscience of movement in cognitive disorders and the role of emotion in motor learning.
Her clinical practice is informed by her professional experience as a dancer, personal trainer, and yoga instructor, as well as her personal practices in martial arts (karate, boxing, and BJJ) and strength training. Iris is also a research advisor and collaborator with Partnering Lab, that investigates ethics of human interaction through movement and dance.
This research directly influences how she relates to her patients by placing emphasis on the development of trust and effective communication in order to build meaningful connections and promote healing.
Degrees and Certifications
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Modern Dance, Marymount Manhattan College
- Masters in Neuroscience, Columbia University, Teachers College
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons
- The Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute
- Institute of Physical Art
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
Hobbies and Interests
- Dancing, Yoga, Martial Arts, Outdoor Activities