Corey Hazama (She/Her)
Premier physical therapist, co-founder, and educator — Corey is a lifelong learner who has trained and been certified in a number of specialized therapeutic areas. See more +
Corey has logged more than 1000 hours of continuing education coursework over her professional career. Corey is one of the five percent of physical therapists nationwide to become a board-certified orthopedic specialist (OCS). She also joined the elite group of Certified Functional Manual Therapists (CFMT), of which there are less than 300 in the world, and received Distinction on the exam with the second highest score in her class. She has recently achieved the title of Women’s Health Clinical Specialist with APTA.
Corey has worked in inpatient rehabilitation at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, and outpatient orthopedics in New York City where she served as Clinical Director for Recovery Physical Therapy and Premiere Physical Therapy. Corey has completed the four visceral mobilization core courses with the Barral Institute, as well as Cranial Sacral I training with the Upledger Institute.
Corey is an active participant in mentoring and has assisted in teaching for the Institute of Physical Art (Functional Visceral Mobilization course). She has also had the honor of traveling to Japan to assist her husband in teaching Institute of Physical Art courses to Japanese physical therapists.
Degrees and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, Simmons College
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Simmons College
- APTA Certified Orthopedic Specialist (OCS)
- APTA Certified Women’s Health Clinical Specialist (WCS)
- Certified Functional Manual Therapist (CMFT), Institute of Physical Art
- Pelvic Rehabilitation Certification, Herman and Wallace Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Institute
Memberships and Affiliations
- International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS), Medical Research Committee Co-chair
- Interstitial Cystitis Association (ICA)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Hela Health: June, 2020
- Speaker and workshop presenter at the Endometriosis Summit: February, 2020
- Speaker at the Society for Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgeons, Minimally Invasive Surgery Week: September, 2019.
- To see Corey's CV, please click here.